Don’t know spoilers will be ahead or not, cause it took me 6 days after watching the movie to write about it! This is not a review too (To Suhasini ma’am, m not an expert to review the movie, but my urge to write makes me do this)
Sometimes we will reach in a moment where anything that we write about is only good things and that’s why I stayed back for 6 days after the movie. But, still I found nothing can make me loose the energy I got from the very first minute of the movie. Anyone who loved ‘Alaipayuthe’ will love this flick; but for me I m not really fond of ‘Alaipayuthe’ (But, can’t leave without appreciating the songs). ‘OK Kanmani’ (OKK) is one of my most awaited release, with those one minute short trailer and so many short clips from the movie, I had already fallen in love with these Kanmanis. With the arrival of the complete tracks; yet again my master ARR took away my sleep with that awesome 9 tracks. Being a movie craze and spending more money over every week’s release I was running out of money already by the mid of April and I was saving that last penny to get a seat in PVR at any time to catch the show. After three consecutive tries by my roomies we got the ticket after one week from the release day; still housefull. And it was on a hectic day in office my roomie called me and told she got ticket. I was not in a mood to watch the movie; but I said ‘OK will join you!’ My brain was all dead by the evening and can’t even hear the vehicle horns behind me. I was walking like a robot and there is only a few minutes to the show. We managed to run through the escalator and get in front of the cinemas on time. I already had a movie bunch month with ‘100 days of love’, ‘Oru Vadakkan Selfie’ (that too 2 times) and ‘Furious 7’. Nothing gave me that punch or that effect other than the tribute to Paul walker, my hero! No recent movies gave me that hangover through which I can live a dreamy life! And i was really in need of that break.
Sitting back in the PVR I felt that easiness, air conditioned, out of order brain and I felt I will fell asleep soon and my money for this movie gonna be a waste. 🙂 And most important is I m so weak in Tamil and its my Mom who helps me while watching any Tamil movie to understand the dialogues or else I prefer subtitles. M good in Hindi, better in English and best in Malayalam but don’t speak Tamil to me. Please. (i can read Tamil, but won’t understand it) I already sought the help of my roomies to help me out. they agreed. The moment movie started I felt all the people around me is also robots. No claps, no howls, no seettis (At least this is Mani sir’s movie; he always deserves a clap). The reel started rolling with that awesome ‘Kaara Aaattakkaara’ and there scrolls the animation of a well set game. I liked it. 🙂 My sleepy head is now full of energy. From that moment I fallen in love with the movie and I concluded that this time Mani sir won’t disappoint me. Movie didn’t give a mass entry to our rock star Aadi; played by Dulquer Salman, better say; lived by Dulquer. But the first shot itself was classic. Mumbai Railway station and accidentally meeting a girl in between some passing trains and to say; we can’t take off eyes from Tara; well played by Nithya Menen; from that moment itself. Her eyes can express everything.
Then usual things happened in very unusual manner. Meeting the girl again, exchanging phone number, falling in love, making love. Its a movie about how youth is like and they can’t chose a better back ground than Mumbai. Thank you Mani sir for making them both creative minded. We can’t give a better career to the both pivotal roles. What makes this movie special is the love, affection, emotions, feelings and moreover energy throughout. The music by Rahman sir ( You are the best sir! ) P C Sreeram’s camera (Mumbai seems pretty, even if it is the streets or the city, everything seems filled with ❤ )
Mani sir is always elegant. He never made us bored by showing thousands of stories in one frame and here too, he made us live through two simple energetic youth who never like the certificate called marriage but they love to fall in love for each other. I don’t know how much someone will digest the theme of live in relationship but if we stay out from the usual conservative mind set, this can happen. The director never left us in a simple live in relationship and their love; but so warmly introduced an old couple; played by Prakash Raj and Leela Samson, showed us the tenderness of long lasting love. All over the film ended in a conservative way and ended up in tying knot but it never disappoint anyone in any ways.
I really like to thank Mani sir for such an awesome energetic rom-com to us. And I have many more thanks to say.
1. Perfect cast – I don’t know whether someone else can do as perfect as DQ and Nithya. But for me its the perfect cast. I can’t stop appreciating their performance. Never overdone. Never melodramtic. Never vulgar. They have the perfect chemistry. They are hot, still simple. We always felt they are people next door. The whole cast including Prakash Raj, Leela Samson and everyone else made their part very well.
2. Characters – Thanks for making Nithya a passionate Architect. Bold, Smart, the one who never like to be bound by the chain of commitments. Who always says what she would like to say. More like me. And thanks for making DQ a game developer. Nothing interesting than that. 🙂 ; the same passionate, carefree, still romantic charming one.
3. Music – Rahman sir always do magic with his music. Yet again i can’t sleep without hearing the whole album once in a day. It gives energy. It makes me smile. It makes me carefree and it gave me back myself.
4. Camera – Lights, flowers, art works, costumes everything seems perfect through PC sir’s camera. We can’t forget that 15 years old ‘Pachai Nirame’. It have that freshness still and I m sure OKK will give that freshness after years.
5. Dialogues – Even through less dialogues Mani sir is perfect in making a movie live. We had seen it before in ‘Kannathil Muthamittal’, ‘Roja’ and all. The same happened here. With less dialogues and more gestures and eyes spoke well. And those few dialogues which has to be delivered is the best ever that can happen in a romantic movie. When Aadi says “Naan panna periya thapp… Tara” We can’t stop our heart from beating fast. And that one simple word which gonna hit the couples whole world. ‘Kanmani’ (Still ringing DQ’s voice in head “Azhathe Kanmani 🙂 “
6. Romance – Who don’t like to fall in love? Me. Yeah! I don’t like to. But who don’t like to watch a love story? No one. OKK is full of romance, love , affection and more. In tears, in smiles, in laughs; everywhere we can see love. We can’t leave the cinemas without a smile.
OKK won’t demand any super love story. Its simple, classic, special in its own way. For me it’s a must watch. Cause we really need a change. Let’s feel lighter but energetic. It makes everyone fall in love. For those who think its not worth watching, don’t go for it. But for me, this movie gave me that hangover i need for the past one week. It gave me that good feel to smile over everything. It gave me the energy to get back in my track. Moreover it gave me the feel that ‘Its good to be someone’s Kanmani 🙂
5 responses to “Oh Kadhal Kanmani – Fall in love again!”
Simple Love Story……<3
i like it….<3
You my romantic hero.. You should like it.. ❤
Ha ha haaa…..😄😄😄
I’m ur hero?? Nice jock😊
Why should I joke?? You not my hero.. Its like you are my fav romantic hero in real life.. ❤